A container furniture item inspired by the Rubik’s cube, with an inner shelf, “on touch” opening, true colors and different sizes.
Technical parameters and values:
- Designer: Umberto Dattola
- Size: 60 x 60 x 60 cm. Different sizes on request.
- Colors: Original Rubik’s cube colors.
- Finishes: Lacquering.
- Equipment: A black shelf that can be placed at different heights.
- Materials: MDF, aluminum, plastic laminate.
- Delivery: worldwide.
This piece of furniture was inspired by the Rubik’s Cube, a puzzle that was very successful in the ’80s and is now back in the limelight due to its intriguing logic and modern design. So, here is the Rubik’s cube in its container version, as a furnishing and design item.
The material used is MDF (catalyzed wood fibers, ideal for coloring and quite stable), grooved so as to reproduce the effect of nine cubes per side. Each side is painted with the original cube colors.
The door can be opened on touch, using just a little pressure. The hinges are aluminium, while the spring mechanism is provided by Blumm. The 4 steel feet are 2 cm tall.